Toadstool not looking good

Home Forums General Marine Keeping Discussion Corals and Algae Toadstool not looking good

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    jimnormapalmer
    Participant

Hey,i bought a leather toadstool and he opened up really nice the day i put him in tank then closed up when lights turned off.then next day opened up a little but couple of days after he just closed up and looks like its sagging over and not coming out atall. I know they do sulk a little but was a just little worried any help would be much apprecited.

cooljim
    Participant

Don’t panic. I recently moved mine and it sulked for about 2 weeks. It went from being huge and healthy to looking like it was about to turn up its toes. It got over it and is doing great.

cooljim
    Participant

I’ve just got one today and hope that it doesn’t sulk too long hahaha

discreet.jim
    Participant

Looks fine to me, its just what they do. It will sulk for a while and almost look like its dying, then it will come back looking better than ever!

amusing_jim
    Participant

Mine sulked for a month, then all of a sudden was opened up for a couple days, and back to sulking however i did just move him into my bigger tank lol so hell probably strop a bit longer

amusing_jim
    Participant

These develop a waxy coating every now and again, the polyps won’t extend and it’ll look miserable for a few days. It’ll then start looking like it’s dying and disintegrating – at this point it’s just shedding the waxy coat. When you see this aim a powerhead at it or blast it gently with a turkey baster to blow off the waxy coating. The next day, all the polyps will be out and it’ll be a little bigger than it was before.

jimnormapalmer
    Participant

Looks fine to me, its just what they do. It will sulk for a while and almost look like its dying, then it will come back looking better than ever!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.