The money pit……. just got deeper!

Home Forums Show off your Tank Large The money pit……. just got deeper!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    cherry_perry
    Participant

Thought I’d make a start of this slow burn, don’t expect a journal in perfect English, or whit at any level)) but expect 5 second videos and a litte better than normal pictures……for me.

The reefer, I dunno, it was a nice idea, planned out as best I could, but it was just not meant to be, this however is my forever tank, so has to be bang on the money, some things will be a challenge no doubt about it, I’ve been slowly collecting equipment since the close of my last tank, of which the only equipment I’m keeping is the skimmer, siporax and x filter.
    The new stuff so far is a stream 3 and deltec e flow 10, I’m going to get another stream 3 in time, the plan so far is a remote sump about 7m away, either a wooden stand or t slot aluminium. Custom tank at 1600x800x500 subject to change, external weir, traditional braced, but with pelmet or fully hooded.
    I’m guessing I’ll be somewhere near wet at Christmas, so today I made a start of things to come.

buffed.ba
    Participant

Hehe cool 🙂 looking forward to following

almondyjaime
    Participant

Looking good!! So what are the plans moving forward? Is it going to be mainly LPS?

One thing I wish I did was a lower aquascape with a bit less rock.

Is the Weir quiet now?

almondyjaime
    Participant

What it’s not in and wet yet stop letting life get in the way time to crack on

Good luck mate in for the long haul

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

jaime.cunningham
    Participant

Following along Jay!!

slam_cunningham
    Participant

Awesome!! We are talking Christmas 2019 right???

Looking forward to seeing this one progress mate. Should be a fun build. At least that’s what I hope it is for you.

Subbed

James

rainyjanie
    Participant

Best of luck mate! :thumbsup:
    I’m pretty sure you used up all your bad luck on the last build. This should be a doddle. :whistling:

thompsonthethomson
    Participant

Good stuff Jay, following along mate, that will be a nice size tank. Presumably coming into the house on its side, and going against the left hand wall where the little ladder is in the last photo? As for the stand, as you say this is to be your forever tank I’d strongly suggest the Aluminium profile, yes it’s a lot more expensive than building it from wood, but it’s much stronger and lighter, you get so much more space in the cabinet, can have adjustable feet. Yes you need to know what you’re ordering but I know there are a few members on here who know the ins and outs of mounting panels and doors etc.
    Wishing you all the best with the build whatever way you go with it.

mean.pauline
    Participant

Thanks for the replies guys, so this morning I made a quick mock up of the tank size, which I snook out to 1800×800 :devil:
    But it does look big, I’ll see What the gaffer thinks when she gets back :shutup:

ryzx1fn0q2rc
    Participant

That’d be fine for the real stand :p

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.