Tank close down

Home Forums Help and Advice Tank close down

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    cooljim
    Participant

I’m after a bit of advice and this is not a sales thread.

It’s with a heavy heart that I’m thinking about shutting down my tank after 5 years. My costs were very front loaded so I’m not thinking too much about recouping money, but I do care about my livestock and I’m not sure what to do about it.

In particular, my fish have been with me since the early days

– Two clowns which are hosted by a leather coral around 10” in diameter. I’d like them to keep living in it. Realistically (and I know as I type this is impossible to answer!) is someone going to want to take a rock with a large leather
    – shrimp goby pair. They’ve been together for 4 years, people are likely to want a pair, I guess?
    – coral beauty, the baby of the tank. Bossed around by everyone else. Would appreciate a bigger tank.
    – hammer grown from 1 head to probably 60-70. Easily 10” in diameter. How on earth would I ever transport that?

Never having sold stuff on this site do you think putting restriction on how I’d like things to be house is too unreasonable?

Sorry – I’m not sure what I’m looking for here, I just feel like I’m letting my fishy friends down…

I want to keep my radion lights, heater, RO etc so if I start up again the major costs are covered…

discreet.jim
    Participant

I don’t think there is anything wrong with asking to see the buyers setup (visit or video/pictures) and what knowledge they have.

amusing_jim
    Participant

But I would 100% say that certain things need to be sold together for the above reasons and most on here will understand that.

barker.piter
    Participant

It’s not unreasonable to put restrictions on how you sell your livestock, it will however limit your audience.
    Then, there is the chance the interested party respects your wishes pre sale, but who is to say what they will do once collected :rolleyes:

parker_ynelly
    Participant

I would imagine the higher the restrictions, the lower the asking price, to maintain interest. As you said above you aren’t looking to recoup money anyway.

For the hammer, you just say buyer collects and they will just need a big container.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.