Rock flower A…many tank!

Home Forums Show off your Tank Nano Rock flower A…many tank!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    cooljim
    Participant

Rock flower Anemone breeding tank

Just setup a 60 litre shallow tank to replace my Aqua nano 40. Dimensions are 24″x20x8″high.

This tank is mainly for my growing rock flower anemone collection however i will also be collecting mushrooms as they will suit the relatively low flow in the tank.

For light i am using a Kessil A350W. Not planning on using a skimmer, going to grow chaeto in rear chamber along with marine pure spheres.

Decided to go with black gravel as the rock nems look cool sat on this.

discreet.jim
    Participant

Very nice.

I do like the black gravel background behind corals. really makes the colours pop.

discreet.jim
    Participant

Most were from Maidenhead Aquatics at Windsor – sadly they don’t get them too often (they do have some at the moment!). Others were mailorder.

amusing_jim
    Participant

The tank was custom built – tank and cabinet for £150, pretty happy with it! I’ll try and get some better pics of the setup and the nems/mushrooms over the next week. New dlsr camera i bought(but don’t know what i’m doing with yet!) is fond of chewing up batteries.

barker.piter
    Participant

Ahaa yeah I ment the dimensions are awesome. My next tank is gonna be a shallow

barker.piter
    Participant

Ah got you now sam_shep

£150 for that is amazing. Surprised the dslr is eating batteries mine is brilliant for battery life. If you find that most do a battery grip which adds extra batteries to give you more lifespan.

parker_ynelly
    Participant

My camera only takes 4xAAA – i was expecting a larger single rechargeable lithium battery…..should of done my research. It eats through the aaa’s in probably 100 photos or less than an hour. No idea what battery grip is lol

parker_ynelly
    Participant

That is weird that it doesn’t have a rechargeable. What make and model is it and I’ll have a wee look to see if I can see a battery grip for it. They are an adaptor which sits below the camera body and you can add extra batteries into it to increase battery life.

elfreda4e_bgafop
    Participant

Ah just looked and there isn’t a battery grip available for it.
    Was then thinking you should buy a set of good rechargeable batteries for your camera. If you go to a camera shop they should be able to advise you on what type to look for. You really will notice a major difference and in the long run you will save the money you spend by not buying batteries.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.