New Red Sea reefer 350 voyage

Home Forums Show off your Tank Medium New Red Sea reefer 350 voyage

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    elfreda4e_bgafop
    Participant

Hi.

Well as I have been around the forums for so long thought it was time I gave something back

So thought I’d start a new tank build to share and record my progress.

A little back ground….. I’ve been a reef keeper on and off for about 15 years. My last and current tank is a rsm 130d. I’ve had it for 6 years and it’s been a fun little tank. Has its limitations but still enjoyed it.

A few years ago I fell out of love, as I had problems controlling phosphate and nitrate plus a never ending battle with rampant xenia and gha.

About 6 months ago I thought I’m going to battle this. So removed all the xenia, fitted a sump, gfo reactor and decent skimmer. Unfortunately in the process lost a lot of stock due to spikes when I rescaped

Any way battled through and got but by the hobby again. I was seeing good results in the tank and thought maybe time to go the full hog!

So after long reasearch purchased my rsr 350! This only arrived yesterday but I’ve been gathering bits on the way.

So here’s my equipment.

Evergrow IT5012
    2 off RW-8’s
    Jebeo doser dct4
    Already had gfo reactor and curve 5 skimmer.
    10l of siporax
    300w heater
    FM balling kit
    Dct 6000 return pump
    And other bits and bobs.

As I said tank arrived last night. I was very impressed with the quality and the ease of assembly of the base plus how rigid it is. Also my god its heavy !!!!

mr.piter
    Participant

Thanks.

That was an option, you see the bommie in my old tank, was going to relocate that to the left of the tank to give more real estate.

Just not sure about how this new falls of to the left, in my eyes needs another piece to connect the small rocks.

Hmmmmmm

colins_barker
    Participant

Lol, yeah a few have mentioned that. I fitted a door stop just after the photos were taken.

So unless someone really smashes the door open should be safe!

jimnormapalmer
    Participant

My thoughts.

I’m a avid lurker, so thought its time I gave something back. Plus it will be nice to look back.

I’ve tried for years to grow sps, only had birds nest survive in my 130 so that’s my goal. Plus my love of acans…. Gunna be growing them butes

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.