Dither fish for mixed reef

Home Forums General Marine Keeping Discussion Fish and Invertebrates Dither fish for mixed reef

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    helly_nelly
    Participant

Hi I’m looking to put around 10 small fish like damsels or cromis to fill the tank and raise my 0 nitrate and 0 phosphate. Has anyone else got a small shole of fish and how do they get on with each other and tank mates. My tank is a 5x2x2

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

elfreda4e_bgafop
    Participant

I have 8 Allens damsels. Although they do bicker and chase a bit, they don’t harm each other, or other fish. Very active and colourfull fish. If you add a group of Chromis you’ll likely end up with just one. Allens are one of the more peaceful damsels. Mine have been in the DT after quarantine for 8 months now and doing very well.
    John

mr.piter
    Participant

Thanks will look in to them as they are a nice looking fish.

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

colins_barker
    Participant

I’m going to mention the ‘Chromis’ word but not the ones you think, ignore the ‘green’ Chromis.

Black bar Chromis (C.retrofasciatas)
    Half and half Chromis (C.iomelas)
    Blue head Chromis (C.limbaughi) if you can find them
    Caribbean blue Chromis (C.cyanea)

To name a few there more if you fancy researching them. Like most fish they don’t ‘shoal’ in our small tanks but they will live as a group and interact (I found the black bar behaviours particularly interesting). They can be mixed and matched, easy to keep and feed. Perfect jitter fish.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.