Clowns, Clowns And More Clowns

Home Forums General Marine Keeping Discussion General Discussion Clowns, Clowns And More Clowns

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    cherry_perry
    Participant

So my Snowflakes have been ‘getting it on’ like clockwork for the last 18 months (way more than me) so I thought with the last batch of eggs I’d try to hatch them. Did a load of research, great reading material from Joyce Wilkerson on Clownfish breeding.

Below are a few pics I’ve taken over the last 14 days. They’ve been raised on L-type rotifers but from reading some papers and info online I skipped the Brine shrimp and from day 7 started feeding Top Dressed Otohime A (TDO) and they’re loving the stuff.

buffed.ba
    Participant

That’s amazing, well done, you must be really pleased.

I’d love to try this one day, keep us updated on how it works out.

almondyjaime
    Participant

Cheers bud, it’s been very rewarding so far but it’s hard work.

jaime.cunningham
    Participant

Good stuff man. My clowns are constantly laying eggs. Id love to see how you went about this. you should start a detailed thread…

P

slam_cunningham
    Participant

That’s fantastic! One day I hope to have babies to, so I echo what Paul said in creating a thread about your journey

rainyjanie
    Participant

Be interesting to see what markings come out on them as they develop, wether any develop true Clown colours etc.

thompsonthethomson
    Participant

I’ll see what happens with this brood and if I save another batch I’ll have a look into documenting it.

mean.pauline
    Participant

Love it when people go that bit further by putting the time and effort into rearing clowns, well done mate 🙂

ryzx1fn0q2rc
    Participant

Top man , I’ve done this with koi before , and it takes a lot of work . So I’ve impressed . What was the hatch rate of the eggs bud .

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.