Actinic led strip lights any recommendations

Home Forums General Marine Keeping Discussion General Discussion Actinic led strip lights any recommendations

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    jimnormapalmer
    Participant

I’m wondering if anyone has used Actinic led strip lights that come in a role similar to what people are using on diy cheato reactors. I basically want to add them to my T5 units to act as a night light and give my corals a bit more pop when the T5’s are on. I don’t expect them to add to the growth in any way.

Does anyone have any recommendations? Iv seen some on the auction site from the USA but would rather other from the uk if possible.

cooljim
    Participant

Am currently doing the same. Bought some waterproof ones from ebay but yet to install them. On first look, they’re not as dark as I’d hoped..will have to see. I’ll get pic over the tank tonight if i can

cooljim
    Participant

Can you link me the listing?

discreet.jim
    Participant

I think I’ve bought the same one as you last year, unfortunately they didn’t lasted long for me as the sticky tape on them was kinda rubbish, also as you mentioned the colour temperature wasn’t the best for corals to pop out.

What I do now is:

I use 2 D&D bulbs pure actinic for morning and evening view they really bring some pop.

And then I’ve bought this for moon light

T5’s and moon light, what you using?
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sh…n-light,-what-you-using?.839419/&share_type=t

Had to diy a diffuser as light was to concentrated as shown in the pic. But with a bit of plastic from a tesco bag it works perfectly for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

amusing_jim
    Participant

In an ideal world a reefbrite xho would be ideal but they only available in the USA importing the can cost a few extra £££

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimnormapalmer
    Participant

You can get reef brights in this country now. Speak to chopsie ( mick) on here. He has some supplied by Vince. Not sure his company still sponsors any more so I won’t name drop his company.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.